The mission statement was approved by the National Board of Directors on Feburary, 8 2003 based on recommendations of the 2002 National Convention.
- To strengthen the presence of Alpha Phi Omega on college campuses and among its members
- To support the spread of the Fraternity's principles and activities on college campuses and among its members
- To provide opportunities for its members and college students to develop effective leadership skills
- To promote fellowship among all people
- To provide service to humanity
- To further our acknowledged freedoms